grandmothersmusings

Saturday, May 13, 2006

grandmothersmusings About me

After reading my daughters blog, I decided I would like to try this for myself. I am a 79 year old grandmother who takes delight in her daughter & wonderful son in law & my two terrific grandaughters.
The picture of course is teenage me, that I had taken as a gift fo my mom.
At present I am living around a hours drive from my kids & grandkids which I'm hoping to remedy soon, by moving to their area.
I'm an avid reade & especially like Christian fiction. I also like to write both poems, (If I'm inspired to do so for some specal occasion ) & short stories.
After being married for 30 almost 31 years, I became a widow in 1988. Although in some ways it will be difficult to leave my home which we both planned & built for ourselves, living closer to my special kids & grandkids will more than make up for it.
A house is a house, but a home is where your heart is & mine is an hours drive away.
I have been truly blessed by the Lord & want always to serve Him in some capacity. I love to encourage people & I hope in some small way through my life, people will see Jesus
ruth

1 Comments:

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Hi Ruth! You left a message on my blog today. Thanks so much!

Would you mind sending me your email address so that I can respond properly to your comment. My email address is adoptive_mom_1@yahoo.com.

Welcome to the world of blogging! :)

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home