grandmothersmusings

Sunday, May 14, 2006

grandmothersmusings
Well today is Mother's day. I had the opportunity to celebrate early when my daughter came Friday & brought my 2 little granddaughters with her to spend the night. She brought with her a beautiful framed grouping of 3 pictures, The top one was of myself & granddaughter number 2 when she was a baby. The middle picture was of her & I whan she was a baby & the bottom one is of myself & the oldest grandaughter. It was decorated on the sides with appropriate stickers as one does in a Scrapbook. I really treasure it.
The girls were excited to spend the night since this was the first time for them to do so, since their mommy usually comes down by herself if she is spending the night, unless they come & go back the same day.
There are many elements involved in being a good mother. It is important to have a support system & in some cases, there are moms who don't have that. Moms need "me time" I have a wonderful son-in-law who does that by taking the girls places such as the store & taking care of them if she is gone. The reason moms need some "me' time is because in order to give our best as moms, we need that time to refresh ourselves. One cannot continue to give out to others, their children & their spouse without that much needed time for themselves.
Mothers ought to be honored year around for all they contribute & not thought of on just one day.
Moms & dads need to look to the Lord for His guidance & help to raise their children & I'm thankful my "kids" do that for their children.
ruth

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

As you know, Mom, the girls and I had so much fun visiting you overnight. Thank you for letting us come hang out with you and celebrate Mother's Day weekend!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home