grandmothersmusings

Thursday, May 25, 2006

grandmothersmusings May is speeding by. It seems that the days go so quickly & it is hard to believe that today was my little grandadaughters last day of preschool. Our weather has been rather weird for spring. We had a few really warm days & then lately it has been cold & rainy. My Alergies turned into a Sinus infection & I'm on my second antibiotic, a different kind this time, trying to get over it. I wonder why such beauty that we have in nature in the spring, comes with pollin that causes such problems. Even the rain we have had, hasn't seemed to help.
A quick glance at my watch tells me thtat it is time for antibiotic number 3, & I can only hope that the little capsuls will begin to work their magic, especially since my doctor & her nurse will be off the month of June for a much needed vacation.
June sometimes is a capricious month. My first arrival on the west coast was in June in the 1950s. I couldn't believe how cold the weather was in Los Angeles that year. I thought to myself, "This can't be the sunny California I've always heard about" Fortunately the weather did get better & I decided to stay. I had come from back east in Ohio to be my sister's bridesmaid, & my older brother was also living in the area with my neice & nephew. Later our mom moved out to join the family. It was good to get away from the really cold & snowy Ohio winters.
The next year in 1957, I met my husband, but thats another story

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I liked reading this post. You'll have to tell "that other story" about your meeting Dad.
As for the weather, I just remember last May...it was much worse than this month. Only this past week has been wet, but last year I thought I would float away, especially after just getting back from Hawaii!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home