grandmothersmusings

Monday, February 05, 2007

PICKING A SUPERBOWL TEAM

Since I did not know anything about either team, and wanted of course to pick a team to root for, my method was different than a man would use picking out a team.

They would probably know all the stats on both teams, & something about the players on the teams. Plus I'm sure they would know something about both coaches. They also may have followed them throughout the season making their choice an easy one.
Since I am totally uninformed about all that stuff, my choice will have to be based on something else.
Lets see, my mom was born in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1888, & I have a first cousin on my dad's side living there. Ok do I know anyone who was born in Chicago, hmm no one I can think of. Do I personally know anyone living there except Oprah? No. So OK I'll root for the Colts.

Choice made I can sit back & enjoy the game. It would have been more fun if I could have gone to a Super Bowl party, but I'm by myself with just my dog Sandy to watch it with me. Well not exactly watch, he laid curled up on his bed & slept the whole time.

The final score was evidence of a good choice, but the things I learned
about this wonderful coach was what will stay with me about the game.
The announcer said, he never swears. He does not ever raise his voice when talking to his team. The clincher that he is a Christian came in his acknowledgement of the Lord in his speech accepting the trophy. Yes it is wonderful that he is the first African American coach to have a winning Super bowl team, but more wonderful in my eyes is the Christian life he has led in front of these young men, & the shining testamony he gave for the world to hear.

My unorthodox method of picking a team to root for may not be the best, but you'll have to admit I picked real winners, both in football & most importanly in life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

A lot of people pick teams like that, I think, Mom! :) But after finding out about the coach, I was hoping the Colts would win, too. YAY!

2:24 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Cool. I pick teams according to their uniform colors...

When I was doing FCA (Fellowship of Chrisitan Athletes), we had films and booklets with testimonies of prominant Christian athletes to give the kids GOOD role models. It's great to know that world has not yet disintigrated to the point where God's people have no influence. As long as we are here we are His body and Voice in the world.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home