grandmothersmusings

Saturday, July 08, 2006

grandmothersmusings

COMPUTERS, DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND THEM?

Yesterday I spent a frustrating day trying to get back on line. I had decided to go with the faster speed my server offered. Not quite understanding fully the process I asked my friend Kathi to do it for me.
Now you would think that this would be a simple process, right? First they rejected my sign in name & password, She changed the name slightly by adding a i after it, & put in a new password.
Yesterday I called Customer service. I requested my original password back. Operator number 1 informed me I now had 2 open accounts so cancelled the old one & changed the password. I thought everything was OK at this point, that is until I tried to go on line. Call to tech person number 2, all the time waiting a very very long time,each time to talk to a person. I explained the problem & he like his predicessor did something on his computer & once again I thought it was fixed, until I tried to get on line again. Nada,nothing so call number 3 which by this time is in the afternoon, once again explained the problem & was informed that a password must have 4 letters minimum so he added the extra letter & hurray, back on line.
Now I discovered a new problem, I couldn't enter a blog on my blog. I guess my name & password got lost in the change, but hurray with the help of Blog support, I'm back & hopefully will have no more problems in this modern age of computerland. I love mine, I really do. I just don't understand the thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home