grandmothersmusings

Saturday, July 08, 2006

COMPUTERS, DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND THEM?

Yesterday I spent a very frustrating day. I had decided to get the faster service my server offered, & not being that knowledgable, had my friend Kathi go through the process for me. Now you would think that this would be a simple thing, right? wrong. The first problem occured when they rejected my sign in name, so she changed it slightly by adding a 1 after it & added a new password.. All went well temorarily. Yesterday I called to try & change my password back to the original one. In talking to tech number one, I discovered I now had two open accounts. She did a few things on her computer, including getting rid of account number one & changed the password.
I tried to get on line, nothing. I put in another call & talked to tech number 2. After waiting a long time again, of course. I explained the problem, not being able to go on line , the change in service etc. & tech number 2 again did something on his computer & said it should work. You guessed it, it didn't. Call number 3 with again another long wait, by this time it is afternoon. Finally I was able to sucessfully get on line. Is this the end of my story? No of course not.
I went to my blog & was going to put in an entry, & you guessed it. In the change over, somehow my blog name & password was lost. With the help of support help, I was able to change my password, since I couldn't remember the original one. I'm back Hurray, I can post & ad comments to the wonderful bloggers I
visit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Mom, for someone who is 79, and never had a computer until just a couple years ago, I think you are doing great!
And even I am still trying to understand all the coding and how it works. Good for you for at least trying to stay on top of things no matter what your age! LUV

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home