grandmothersmusings

Sunday, July 16, 2006

OOOPS I GOOFED,MULTPLE POSTS,

Just when I was begining to feel a little proud of my self,getting started in the wonderful world of Blogging,I get an e-mail from my darling daughter telling me that one of my posts was on more than once. She is always the encourager & is ever helpfull to me in my struggle to master the computer. She is slightly amused & even added a te he(laugh) since it was on the one I wrote about does anyone understand the computer.
It is very obvious that I do not, & it is ironic that this particular post was the one to multiply itself like a family of rabbits. Though embarassed I too see the humor of it. She has tried to tell me how to remove the offender but guess I'll have to wait until we're together so she can show me.
I also do not know how to use spell check on my blogs.
E-mails yes, blogs no. It is amazing how words seem to get mispelled so easily when one is using the computer.
There are times when I think my fingers are suffering from dyslexia especially on 3 letter words.

Sometimes I wonder how the Lord veiws our struggles.
I'm sure that at times He wishes that He could lend a helping hand, but knows that we learn from our mistakes. We teach our children by word & example, but also realize that they have to be able to try
to do things for themselves & we would rob them of a feeling of accomplishment, if we were to step in & do it for them.

I know that I will keep trying, & will I'm sure make big blog boo boos, but it is important as we age to keep our minds active, & this is one way to do it, since it requires learning a new skill. ( I hope this only goes in once)

3 Comments:

Blogger MissKris said...

Hello, Ruth! I've come over to visit from your daughter's blog. She recently left a comment on mine and you know how that goes...you start visiting back and forth! :-) I'm assuming since you only live an hour or so drive away from your daughter that you must be an Oregonian, too? Unless you live in SW Washington somewhere? I'm a Portlander, have lived here for almost 28 years. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world! I give you many kudos, trying to understand the computer when you're almost 80 years old!! The mother of my childhood best friend will be 75 next month and recently bought a computer...she's giving it the good ol' Yankee try, bless her heart. I spend a lot of time on emails trying to help her out and she's doing quite well, considering she's alone with no one nearby to help her learn how to use one. Please stop by sometime and say hello if you get a chance...the door's always open at my place! :-)

7:06 AM  
Blogger Grafted Branch said...

I can't make spell check work on my blog either. The dictionary and I have become well acquainted!

Don't you worry one bit about mistakes, double posts, etc.! Are you kidding?! It's impressive that you're willing to learn this new technology at all.

I'm 38, and already find myself losing interest in spending the time to "keep up" with the latest. Sometimes it's just easier to take the long way around, but I'm glad you're blogging!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

I think we all make mistakes during blogging. No big deal. The important thing is to keep writing!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home