grandmothersmusings

Thursday, August 24, 2006

A NOVEL IDEA FOR A MEME

If I were ever brave enough to attempt to write a Novel, it would take place during WW2, & would be a love story about a young couple whose lives were effected by the war. Since I was a teenager during that particular time, it is an era I'm familiar with.
Though I did not have a special someone who was serving during that time,( I was only 14 when it started) Being a romantic by nature, it would not be difficult to imagine the problems that the long separation would cause two people who were very much in love.

Since we did not see the war on a television set as we do now, our knowledge of what was taking place, was derived from Newspapers & News footage we saw as newsreels in a theater. I have learned more about the war after the fact, so to speak, but I did know neighbors who had a son,, a daughter & a nehew all in the Marines.

Our lives at home too, were affected by shortages of certain foods & other items which were rationed, but I think that most everyone I knew were all willing to do without if it meant having the boys come home soon.

I would write about the loneliness two young people who were deeply in love would have felt during the separation. I would describe perhaps what was happening where he was, as well as what was happening at home.

Even though I'm familiar with the time, it would still require a lot of research, & I do not have that wonderful gift that my daughter has, in telling a story. Hm maybe we could make it a joint effort some day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Love this idea. I think you could turn out a great story. A joint effort sounds kinda fun, though.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I love this era, as you know, and love the idea you have!
It would be fun to co-author with you! :) Especially, when you were actually "there"! Maybe a short story? Sounds great, Mom!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Jeannine said...

That sounds like a great idea--a mother/daughter collaboration. :-)

7:28 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

This sounds lovely. I love stories of that time.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Gina Conroy said...

Have you ever read Tricia Goyer's Dawn of a Thousand Nights. It's about the Pearl Harbor bombing, a lady flight instructor and her pilot fiance who is held prisoner and later taken to Japan.

It's an excellent book and Tricia has several more in the series that take place in WWII.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home